RSA Perth

Responsible Service of Alcohol

RSA Perth…

Attaining your Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) WA certificate is an essential requirement for those working in the liquor industry throughout Western Australia. There are no specific ‘RSA Perth’ certificate courses available; however if you plan to work in Western Australia, and specifically Perth, it is essential you obtain your RSA-WA or the Nationally accredited certification. The course aims to ensure that staff who are selling, supplying or serving alcohol have the basic skills and knowledge of dealing with alcohol, and aim to provide their patrons with a safe and enjoyable environment.

RSA Perth

Where Can I Do the RSA Course in Perth?

There are a few places where you can complete your RSA course in Perth, or you can do your national accreditation online. We have done some research for you and sussed out a training provider for you.  If you want to complete your RSA Online then we recommend this Online Training Provider. If you want to do face to face training we recommend you checkout this particular Perth Training Provider. They are both accredited by the necessary authorities and are some of the cheapest training courses we could find.

Why Do You Have To Complete A

Responsible Service of Alcohol – WA certificate?

It is important that staff members who are employed in the liquor industry have the tools and knowledge of their legal responsibilities that are associated with the service of liquor.

Gaining an RSA Qualification aims to ensure employees have a good understanding of the following;

  • How to deal with inebriated patrons RSA Perth
  • The social effects alcohol has on the community
  • The importance of RSA in Perth
  • Refusing alcohol to people under 18
  • The effects alcohol can have on the body
  • The definition of a standard drink
  • Legal obligations of licensees and staff members

How Much Will It Cost To Get My

RSA WA In Perth?

The RSA-Perth training provider you choose will determine how much you pay for your RSA certificate in Perth. If you decide to do the National Accreditation, it will generally cost between $60-$90. It is really important to look around and compare prices between companies to make sure you get the right price. We’ve actually found a training provider who is located in Perth CBD who charges only $50 for their course, so we’d recommend you checkout this RSA trainer.

Do You Have To Get an RSA-WA Certificate to Work in Perth?

Yes. If you are wanting to work in the liquor industry in Perth, then you must obtain your RSA certificate. This is mandatory for licensees, supervisory staff and bar staff who are involved in the sale and supply of alcohol.

So What Is The Exact Certification You Need to Work in Perth?

Supervisory Staff

Staff that are in a supervisory position of a licensed premises must complete the nationally accredited unit – Provide responsible service of alcohol (SITHFAB009A).

A certificate displaying the completion of any of the following below will be accepted as proof of compliance with the requirement:

Provide responsible service of alcohol (SITHFAB009A) – National Accreditation

Provide responsible service of alcohol WA (THHBFB09A)

Provide responsible service of alcohol WA (THHBFB09B)


All Servers

All servers of alcohol on a licensed premises must complete an approved RSA certificate, however they may undertake the non-accredited abridged course from one of the approved training providers listed below. It is strongly recommended that all servers complete the national accreditation as referred to above, which is accepted in a majority of states and territories in Australia. (Accepted in WA, NT, ACT, SA)

The approved training providers for the abridged training course are:

  • Clubs WA
  • WA Hotels and Hospitality Association

What If I am Under 18?

Can I still get my RSA Certificate in Perth?

Yes. When completing the course, you do not handle or consume alcohol, so you can participate in RSA training and receive the proper accreditation. However, you cannot work with alcohol until you are over the age of 18. For a full list of WA Training providers please follow the RSA-Perth training providers link.

Was This Information Helpful?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

About Jaimee

Jaimee has spent several years in the hospitality industry, managing licensed venues on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. She knows first hand the importance of staff and managers completing their RSA certificate. Please feel free to ask her any questions you have about working in the hospitality industry or about completing your RSA certification in any state within Australia.